Eyeglasses & Sunglasses
We carry a wide selection of fashionable frames and sunglasses in our office and have a full-service lab on site to serve your needs. Personalized frame selection, adjustments, and repairs are also part of our services. Choosing the right type of prescription lenses for your new frame is as important to its overall appearance, performance and comfort. We can advise you on the latest lens technology to suit your needs.
Unless stated otherwise, all newly purchased glasses and sunglasses come with at least a 1 year limited warranty period for manufacturing defects. See warranty card for full details.
Next Day Service
We understand that sometimes you need your glasses quickly. Our office now offers a next day service on select lenses, so there's no need to wait! Please visit us and ask one of our opticians about your express lens options.
Do your glasses slide down or sit uncomfortably on your nose? We can fix that! Our office can do all kinds of custom frame work, including installing nosepad arms onto plastic frames. Please visit us and ask one of our opticians for more information.
LASIK and Refractive Surgery Co-Management
LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is now the most common treatment for patients looking to decrease their dependence on glasses or contact lenses. LASIK creates a corneal flap and uses the excimer laser to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism and recovery is rapid. PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) also uses the excimer laser to correct vision but removes a surface layer of cells called the corneal epithelium instead of creating a lasik flap and recovery is slower but may be more suitable to some patients. RLE (Refractive Lens Exchange) and ICL (Implantable Contact Lens) are other effective refractive surgery options available to you but are recommended for more extreme prescriptions.
Many laser centers are providing these services and more, and with all the newspaper and radio advertising, it can be difficult to decide where to have your surgery done. Your first stop should be to ask one of us. We have carefully researched the laser centers and their surgeons to ensure the very best care for our patients. If you are a candidate for the procedure, we will provide pre-operative care, arrange for your surgery and provide your post-operative and continued care. We will ensure that your experience is as smooth and easy as possible.
Bloor West Optometry's Comprehensive Contact Lens Services
Our Optometrists are knowledgeable in advanced lens technology and lens care solutions that allow many patients the freedom to wear contact lenses. Book a consultation with our experienced doctors now!
Contact Lens Exams and Fittings
Our professional fitting includes thorough examination of your eyes to determine the most suitable lens type for you, assessment of the lenses on the eyes, determination of the most biocompatible lens cleaning solution, trial lenses to take home and follow up care.
We offer an extensive selection of disposable and frequent replacement lenses including toric lenses for astigmatism, multi-focal or bi-focal, coloured and gas permeable lenses.
Leading brands include:
We also do fitting, consultation and provide on-set support for the film and television industry.
New to Contacts?
Let our team of Optometrists and Contact lens technicians guide your experience. It is never too late to consider the freedom of contact lenses!
We provide personalized, guided instruction on insertion, removal and handling of lenses, trial lenses to take home, a starter kit of cleaning solution, contact lens comfort drops, take home instructions and a 1-2 week follow up visit.
Ordering Contact Lenses
We strive to make ordering and purchasing contact lenses fast, convenient and easy for you. To place an order, please do one of the following:
- ORDER ONLINE
- PHONE – 416-762-7391. One of our team members will be happy to assist you
- IN PERSON - 2477 Bloor St. West. We are conveniently located at Jane and Bloor
When you purchase contacts from your Optometrist, we offer a safe, reliable source and benefits over and above other retailers.
- FREE delivery to your home or office for all 6 month and 1 year supply of contact lenses. No handling fees.
- FREE replacement of any ripped or damaged lenses.
- FREE exchange of unopened lenses if your prescription changes.
Why should you choose our office for your eye examination?
Over the years, many new patients have remarked that the exam they received in our office was the most thorough one they have ever had!
Our team of optometrists takes a preventative approach to eye health and we take the time to listen to your concerns. Your eye exam will include:
- Complete case history of your general health, medications you may be taking, and any vision problems you may be experiencing.
- Testing, including your level of current vision, the optimal prescription for your eyeglasses, and assessing eye coordination and peripheral vision.
- We assess the fit and vision of your contact lenses if you wear any.
- Internal and external examination of your eyes with a slit microscope and several types of opthalmoscopes. Some problems detected during an internal eye examination may indicate possible disease, such as diabetes or hypertension.
- Measurements of the pressure inside your eyes, as this is one factor considered in assessing your eyes for glaucoma.
- We provide specialized testing such as retinal Optical Coherence Tomography/OCT imaging and Humphrey’s Visual Field tests to better monitor your ocular health.
Based on the clinical findings, a treatment plan will be recommended. We are able to treat eye infections, diagnose diseases and prescribe medications for most eye conditions. If it is determined that you require surgery or further medical treatment, we will arrange the appointments for the required specialist and provide follow up care.
Additionally, we provide laser surgery consultation, and post operative care and fit all types of contact lenses. Our technicians are also able to help you select the perfect frames and lenses for your glasses.