We are pleased to announce that as of June 1st we are open for all of your eye care needs!
We have missed you and we look forward to seeing you again!
In order to serve you safely, we ask that ALL visits to our office including eye exams, emergency care, spectacle services, contact lens services and pickups are by appointment only.
Please call us at 416-762-7391 or email us at email@example.com to arrange an appointment with our doctors and optical team.
All previously booked appointments will be contacted shortly. We ask for your patience as we manage the backlog of scheduling.
• White glove service. Our optical team will customize and personalize your shopping experience to limit risk and frames will be disinfected after each patient contact.
• Free delivery of contact lenses.
• Curbside pickup of dry eye products and vitamins.
• Online store for contact lenses, dry eye drops, eyelid hygiene products and ocular vitamins now available - Click here
• Tele-Optometry virtual care remains available for those who prefer to stay home and will be recommended by our doctors when deemed appropriate.
During the pandemic, the safety of our patients, staff and doctors remain our top priority. Our new safety protocols follow Public Health Ontario and the College of Optometrists guidelines. We want to reassure you that our clinic will be safe and secure for your visit.
• ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
• Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front and optical desks.
• Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
• All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Patient seating in the reception and optical area have been spaced out.
• Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
• All reading material and toys have been removed from the waiting area.
• Each pre-testing and examination room will be disinfected after every patient encounter, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
• We will regularly disinfect common “touch points” within the clinic.
• Appointment times will be spaced further apart to allow physical distancing.
• Markings on the floor will help maintain six feet of separation.
• Please arrive wearing a mask (patients >2 yrs). If you arrive without a mask, one will be provided. If you decline to wear a mask, your appointment will be rescheduled.
• We ask that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer upon entering our clinic.
• Patient screening including a COVID-19 questionnaire and a non-contact temperature measurement will be performed. Patients will only be seen if they are free of symptoms.
• No paperwork. Appointments now require pre-registration via phone or online forms.
• Please arrive on time (not early) for your appointment. If you are early, please wait in your car or in the designated waiting area outside our office and our staff will cue your entrance.
• Please bring as few personal items as possible.
• Please refrain from using our washroom facilities unless absolutely necessary.
• Please arrive at your appointment alone unless absolutely necessary (one caregiver if needed).
• Eye exams will include enhanced imaging to limit close proximity testing.
• Discussions with the staff and doctors will be limited. If needed, we will provide a follow up phone call or email.
• All spectacle services will be by appointment only. When you book your eye exam, please let us know if you are interested in our white glove spectacle service and direct delivery and we will book this for you.
• At check out, we encourage touchless payment options and emailing receipts and prescriptions.
• Follow up appointments can be made in person but preferably by phone or email.
We appreciate all of your patience and support and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Doctors and Staff at Bloor West Optometry
Existing clients may order contact lenses online for home delivery or pick-up.
Explore our online patient forms, library, newsletters and OHIP information.
Many new patients have remarked that the exam they received in our office was the most thorough one they have ever had!